Re: [Debconf-discuss] possible smart card group buy?

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 12:34 PM, micah anderson <micah@riseup.net> wrote:
On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 11:45:19 -0300, David Bremner <bremner@unb.ca> wrote:

> Is there any interest in a gpg smartcard group buy?
>
>    http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Debconf10/Unofficial/SmartCardBuy
>
> I think it doesn't make too much sense for me to order things to Canada
> from Germany, and then take them across the border to the US; for one
> thing, it is very last-minute, and just getting things to Canada could
> take a couple weeks. But for a small order I would be willing.

If people are looking into getting the OpenPGP smartcard (v2), you might
want to also look at the Cryptostick[0] which is an opensource project
that has all the features of the OpenPGPv2 card and more.

I've never used anything other than SecureID and I don't have any SmartCard readers..  Sounds like the GPF CryptoStick is definitely the way to go for me...  Anybody know where to buy the GPF CryptoStick in the USA? I saw a "CryptoStick" for $300 and I also know about the IronKeys for ~$250... I don't even know how much it's costed to get our SecureIDs where I work, I'm sure it was way too much..