Re: [Debconf-discuss] possible smart card group buy?

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 11:45:19 -0300, David Bremner <bremner@unb.ca> wrote:

> Is there any interest in a gpg smartcard group buy?
>
>    http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Debconf10/Unofficial/SmartCardBuy
>
> I think it doesn't make too much sense for me to order things to Canada
> from Germany, and then take them across the border to the US; for one
> thing, it is very last-minute, and just getting things to Canada could
> take a couple weeks. But for a small order I would be willing.

If people are looking into getting the OpenPGP smartcard (v2), you might
want to also look at the Cryptostick[0] which is an opensource project
that has all the features of the OpenPGPv2 card and more.

I haven't tried it, nor have I tried the v2 card. I've used the v1 card
though.

micah

0. http://www.crypto-stick.org/