Re: [Debconf-discuss] using OpenPGP notations to indicate keysigning practices

Ana Guerrero dijo [Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 12:04:37PM +0200]:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 06:23:31PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > For example, I think US drivers' licenses are only verifiable by someone
> > who's lived in that state or otherwise seen drivers' licenses from that
> > state.  I really dislike seeing people use them at key signings and
> > would rather see people use passports.  I suspect you're going to see a
> > ton of them in the 2010 Debconf key signing, though, since a lot of
> > people in the US simply never bother to get a passport.
> >

> FWIW, you will see plenty of national ID from all the european countries
> in DebConf. I do expect most of germans, frenchs, italian, belgian, etc just
> travelling with their cards. They do not need their passports to come.

European national ID cards have enough security measures, and are
easily recognizable as such. And also, standing on a big KSP, I expect
other people to be more familiar than myself with what an European ID
looks like - and they should raise their voice in case it is not
valid.

Even though the Transnational Republic ID _does_ look like a legal
European ID card, I can produce more than one document I have around
here (legal, no counterfeits!) that look very similar to a
passport. And the people who has signed my key know that my current
passport _is_ easily counterfeitable. (Yes, it is at the end of its
validity period, it expires 2009/12, and I expect to travel to Spain
with a new one).

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244