Re: [Debconf-discuss] Paying Renfe with VISA (was: How to get the "web" rate for Madrid... )

Holger Levsen dijo [Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 10:45:50AM +0200]:
> Hi,
>
> I managed to buy renfe tickets with my (german) VISA card and I also
> experienced failures to validate the (same) card. There were sometimes other
> failures too.
>
> Buying at the trainstation OTOH always worked for me so far :-)

The RENfE site is broken on so many levels it makes me want to cry :-(

I tried to get the following route:

July 17, 22:00: Madrid -> Cáceres
July 31, 01:53 Cáceres -> Lisboa
August 1, 22:30 Lisboa -> Madrid

I was, however, only able to buy the last ticket. Yes, I know having
only one day in Lisbon might be stupid - But it's more than what I
have ever been there ;-) and it saves me two nights of hotel.

Anyway - Except for the third part, I have always got "Error en plaza
1 = Error al obtener precios de plaza (G001-V510)" (basically, the
system complains it cannot fetch the requested prices). If I change
from Web/Estrella to Regular fares, the error disappears. This smells
to me they have sold all the available tickets on this price range.

I strongly prefer trains to buses, but I strongly prefer buses to
staying on Madrid instead of getting to Cáceres on my arrival
day, or to paying almost twice the tariff... So I also ended up buying
a bus ticket from Madrid to Cáceres (www.avanzabus.com). I will see
how to move from Cáceres to Lisbon once I am there.

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244