Re: [Debconf-discuss] Is it possible for not registered people to still apply for Debconf

Richard Darst writes ("Re: [Debconf-discuss] Is it possible for not registered people to still apply for Debconf"):
> The idea of doing this isn't impossible, assuming we had extra rooms
> available or (more likely) that we could get an extra bed at the same
> marginal cost and without much more work.  We'd almost certainly
> change more for this, since there won't be any extra free rooms for us.

Right.

> However, it sounds like you aren't registered as a hosted indpendent
> right now, and since that deadline has passed, you'd effectively need
> to pay for two beds (professional fee + marginal cost of a bed).

I don't know what the marginal cost of a bed is but Eur300 for 6 days
is Eur50/day.  I don't know exactly what hotels charge in this area
but I wouldn't be surprised if it were quite a bit more than that.

On the other hand I see that
   The Professional and Corporate attendee fees also help finance
   DebConf at a lower cost than the typical sponsorship tiers.
which sounds like Debconf would be making a profit out of me which
would be a bit disappointing (not that I can't afford it).

It's a shame that we weren't able to sort this out sooner.  There was
a thread about this kind of question in April but not much that seemed
like a clear answer.

> At this point, it would be hard to say for sure if this would be
> possible.  If you would like us to keep it in mind, let us know.

Yes, please.  When will you know ?  Obviously if this isn't possible I
would like to know sooner so I can make alternative arrangements.

Thanks,
Ian.