Re: [Debconf-discuss] Barajas to Atocha Renfe - which way and how long?

Hi Eddy,

On Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2009, Eddy Petrișor wrote:
> I am going to arrive on the 22nd at 18:05 on Barajas and I saw there was a
> train for Cáceres at 19:07, but that seems really tight since I expect the
> whole airport fumbling to take at least 20 minutes:

At least. If you have checked in luggage, it will take longer.

> and it seems there are several ways to arrive to Atocha Renfe station, but
> it seems this route could be the fastest:
>
> airport to Mar de Cristal (line 8)
> Mar de Cristal to Pinar de Chamartin (line 4)
> Pinar de Chamartin to Atocha Renfe (line 1)

Yup, I'd take that one or til Colombia, then Plaza de Castilla and then
Atocha.

> Could local people say if this is indeed the fastest (seems to be simple
> enough to remember by heart) or not and how long should I expect the
> journey to take? Of course, if this ain't the fastest, please tell me which
> is it and how long will that take.

It should take 45-60mim (from subway start to destination, you should also
expect 15-60min to get out the airport, mostly depending on the time it takes
to get the luggage out. Also terminal4 is slightly further away, so add 10
more minutes if arrive there).

Oh, and you need 2 euros for the metro ticket. Normally a ride (with changing
as often as you want, but not changing from metro to bus, thats another
ticket) is 1 euro (or 68cents if you buy a ten ticket), but for leaving the
airport metro stations (or arriving there) you need to be an extra
(called "sublimental") ticket, which is always 1 euro.

> I am hoping I'll be able to catch that train at 19:07 since the next one is
> at 22:25, which is really late (and I don't expect the battery of my laptop
> to last over that period, too :-) )

I'm not sure, there might be power sockets in the train :) I seem to remember,
but that might have been wishful thinking ;-)

> and arriving at 1am in Cáceres makes
> things really difficult (transport, directions, registering at the hotel,
> etc.).

That should work fine. 1am is not that late :-)

I'd appreciate (to not say, will jump in joy) if someone could put the useful
bits from this mail/thread into http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf9/Travel

regards,
	Holger