[Debconf-discuss] Barajas to Atocha Renfe - which way and how long?

Hello,

I was trying to book my tickets for Madrid - Cáceres since I am coming by plane, but I am a little puzzled about the train schedule and how that relates to my arrival to Atocha Renfe station.

I am going to arrive on the 22nd at 18:05 on Barajas and I saw there was a train for Cáceres at 19:07, but that seems really tight since I expect the whole airport fumbling to take at least 20 minutes:

http://horarios.renfe.es/hir/hjhir140.jsp?&T=17018&G=1&ID=i&F=2008-12-14

Looking on the web, I've found this map of the subway in Madrid:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c1/Madrid_Metro_Map.svg

and it seems there are several ways to arrive to Atocha Renfe station, but it seems this route could be the fastest:

airport to Mar de Cristal (line 8)
Mar de Cristal to Pinar de Chamartin (line 4)
Pinar de Chamartin to Atocha Renfe (line 1)

Could local people say if this is indeed the fastest (seems to be simple enough to remember by heart) or not and how long should I expect the journey to take? Of course, if this ain't the fastest, please tell me which is it and how long will that take.

I am hoping I'll be able to catch that train at 19:07 since the next one is at 22:25, which is really late (and I don't expect the battery of my laptop to last over that period, too :-) ) and arriving at 1am in Cáceres makes things really difficult (transport, directions, registering at the hotel, etc.).

--
Regards,
EddyP