Re: [Debconf-discuss] Re: [Debconf-announce] DebConf7 registration/sponsorship/CFP deadline

Hi,

On Tuesday 30 January 2007 12:05, MJ Ray wrote:
> Does this mean that the deadlines were set to help plane travellers
> and without considering land travellers, or have I misunderstood?

Yes, you misunderstood. The deadlines are set for people needing visas. Most
countries requiering visas to the UK are not a easy train journey away and
Debian is not a european project. (Think ship from japan to china, then
transsibirean to Moscow, then train from there to Paris, then, LOL. Same for
people from america - ships take around 10 days to cross the atlantic.)

regards,
	Holger