Re: [Debconf-discuss] Re: [Debconf-announce] DebConf7 registration/sponsorship/CFP deadline

Hi,

as much as I sympathy with your cause...

On Tuesday 30 January 2007 02:39, MJ Ray wrote:
> Why is event registration closing two months before advance purchase
> rail tickets go on sale?

..I completly fail to see why this would be a problem (if it would be true, as
Moray pointed out..): you can register now, set days and buy the tickets
today or in three months. Where's the problem?

(And we close registration for sponsorship request tomorrow, so those people
who need a visa and buy a plane ticket well in advance because they come from
far, get to know early if they get sponsorship, so that they can buy the
ticket well in advance, to get cheaper ones.)

And regarding little information about getting to debconf7 by rail: patches
welcome! :) Sadly most railway-timetable/ticket-systems dont work well
accross borders...

regards,
	Holger