Re: [Debconf-discuss] Talk != BOF

On 11 Jun 2006, Andreas Schuldei spake thusly:

> * Steve Langasek (vorlon@debian.org) [060611 00:03]:
>> (Or even,
>> IMHO, in whether they should be given travel sponsorship.)
>
> there are very few people who got money purely because they were
> presenting. From the top of my head i can only think of one. Why
> that person asked for travel sponsorship i cant tell. This goes
> into the area of person information and speculation.
>
> otherwise speakers were treated just as normal attendees who
> asked for travel support and who got a priority treatment because
> we wanted to do our part in making sure that they could appear to
> deliver their talk. This being part in "making sure the public
> part of the conference can take place before supporting
> individuals". Your assumption of "you get money for speaking" is
> not correct.

        So the objection raised to voting on the grounds that people
 would use that mechanism to get their griends to vote them into a
 sponsorship is verging on a slightly paranoid and unlikely corner
 case -- which is good to know.

        manoj
--
There is nothing stranger in a strange land than the stranger who
comes to visit.