Re: [Debconf-discuss] Talk != BOF

* Steve Langasek (vorlon@debian.org) [060611 00:03]:
> (Or even,
> IMHO, in whether they should be given travel sponsorship.)

there are very few people who got money purely because they were
presenting. From the top of my head i can only think of one. Why
that person asked for travel sponsorship i cant tell. This goes
into the area of person information and speculation.

otherwise speakers were treated just as normal attendees who
asked for travel support and who got a priority treatment because
we wanted to do our part in making sure that they could appear to
deliver their talk. This being part in "making sure the public
part of the conference can take place before supporting
individuals". Your assumption of "you get money for speaking" is
not correct.

the question of where to ask for a paper and where not were not
really answered, i felt.