Re: [Debconf-discuss] Talk selection for Debconf 7

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 06:22:03PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> That scheme could work...theoretically. However, how can you play with
> the fact that, indeed, talks ar usually chosen *before* the moment
> where people determine themselves about coming or not.

What about letting attendees of previous conferences vote as well?

This will give us a sort of "committee" created for free by the history
of our conference. In academic conference is quite usual to create
program committee from the usual attendees of conferences, standing on
the rationale that the community taking part in a single conference tend
to remain self-similar in the various editions of the conf.

Regarding playing with the timing: as long as people should decide if
they come or not before the talk schedule is decided we can also remove
votes of people who declare "no, in the end I'm not coming".

Cheers.