Re: [Debconf-discuss] BOFs as Talks (was: For the next Debconf KSP: run a "pre-KSP" BOF before?)

Hi!

* Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> [060602 05:47]:
> > This email reminds me that there is something that has nagged me at all the
> > debconfs I have been: a tendency to conflate and morph BOFs into talks.
> This seems to largely be an artifact of the DebConf organizing team's
> decision to automatically demote any talks not approved by the speaker
> committee to BoF status; so many talk proposals were given BoF slots and
> represented as BoFs, with responsibles arriving with the intention of giving
> talks.

Small correction:  Yes, we did that last year.  This year we rejected
talks not accepted by the commitee, but left the possibility to propose
a BoF instead.

We hoped that proposed BoFs will be real BoFs.  Well, let's think about
it till next year.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander