Re: [Debconf-discuss] BOFs as Talks (was: For the next Debconf KSP: run a "pre-KSP" BOF before?)

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 07:15:05PM -0400, Micah Anderson wrote:
> On 2006-05-30, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> > Indeed, this leads me to think that scheduling a BOF/talk *before* the next
> > big KSP, if it happens at Debconf 7, would be a good thing to do.

> > I bet that we have at least one person, in the Debian gang, who feels
> > solid enough on that topic to give a detailed talk about keysigning
> > and all related issues.... Don't be shy.

> If I may just point something out that is slightly tangential to this
> suggestion (I dont mean to single out you Mr. P!)

> This email reminds me that there is something that has nagged me at all the
> debconfs I have been: a tendency to conflate and morph BOFs into talks.

This seems to largely be an artifact of the DebConf organizing team's
decision to automatically demote any talks not approved by the speaker
committee to BoF status; so many talk proposals were given BoF slots and
represented as BoFs, with responsibles arriving with the intention of giving
talks.