Re: Suggestions for night arrival

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 11:21:24AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> A similar system exists in Belgium. It's also quite ordinary to tip a
> cab driver in Belgium (don't know about elsewhere).

One thing I can add is that in Finland it is not ordinary to tip cab
drivers. In general, tips are not much used here - in a restaurant if you're
happy with the service you might leave a small tip (especially in fancier
places) but the basic service charge is already included so it's not
required.

I've never tried to bargain over cab prices in Finland (I've done it in
several other countries) so cannot comment on the success rates in that.

AJT

--
Arto Teräs <ajt@iki.fi> --- See http://ajt.iki.fi for contact info