Re: Suggestions for night arrival

* Arto Teras (ajt@iki.fi) [050525 11:01]:
> The price is 20 euros for 1-2 people while a normal taxi with night and
> airport extras added probably costs around 35 euros. The price to city
> center and Otaniemi where Debconf is held should be about equal - the
> distance is almost the same although the direction is a bit different.

I payed 32Euro from the center of town to the airport, priced by
the meter. I had good success (especially at airports) to go from
cab to cab and ask what they would charge for the trip, and agree
with the driver on a fixed fee. that would normally be several
(5?) under the one the meter would come up with. If you point out
that you would not need a receipt it might become even cheaper.