Re: Road-Trip Ireland <-> Finland (Was: Re: Road Trip from Germany et al)

Sven Luther wrote:
<snip>

Actually, the priciest ones are the ones between Ireland and the UK and UK to the continent. The rest is nothing compared to that. Reason being for taking the car is that car rental on the other end comes up to being at least as expensive as bringing the own car over and I don't want to be too dependant on public transportation. Too much waiting time :)

Well, the ferry was no problem, but i understand the trip is 36 hours or so,
and they don't allow you to sleep in the care as i understand. A cabit starts
at around 300 euros per person for shared by 4, so ... But there must be
something i misunderstand about their pricing scheme, it cannot be said that
their web page are cristal clear on this. (the travemunde-helsinki one).

I looked at Rostock <-> Tallinn <-> Helsinki, came around 180 EUR. Having another one to drive, the drive
will be faster AND cheaper, depending on lead-foot or not :o)

<snip>
I can drive (we went to Oslo by car two years ago in a non-stop 19 hours
drive), and should travel rather light.

Eh. Just mind ya, my steering wheel is not, where you would be used to have it :o) Gives the whole thing another dimension.

Ah, indeed. Still, safer so that letting you drive all the whatever many hours
it will be all alone i guess.

It's automatic, so only half that bad and I was actually amazed how easy I got used to it as soon as I got used to the thought. I'm still driving my danish van over here (when it get's back from the garage for engine repairs).

Anyhow, depeding on workload i'll be heading of thursday July 7th or friday July 8th to make the night ferry to the UK, meaning I should be in Holland mid day after that. Hannover would be friday or saturday evening then (+/- Murphy's Law)

Slán Leat,
Martin List-Petersen
Mulrook, Co. Galway, Eire
(contact info ==> http://www.marlow.dk)