Re: Road-Trip Ireland <-> Finland (Was: Re: Road Trip from Germany et al)

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 02:31:30AM +0100, Martin List-Petersen wrote:
> On tor, 2005-03-31 at 15:45 +0300, Aigars Mahinovs wrote:
> > On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:25:06 +0200, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
> > > also sprach Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> [2005.03.31.1132 +0200]:
> > >
> > > I think flying will be cheaper than a train. And a road trip is
> > > a fun idea, but we are talking a good 2-3 days of driving, unless
> > > you want to spend 16 hours in the car in a row.
> >
> > If you decide to go by car, I would like to join you in Latvia. I can
> > also find you some cheep places to sleap and eat in Riga if you'd
> > decide to take a small brake on the way.
>
> Just taking the road-trip idea up again :)
>
> There is no reasonable way of getting out of Ireland (as usual) and
> since I'm going to spend a bit more time around Stockholm (the city, not
> Andreas :o) and Denmark afterwards, I'm looking into taking the trip
> from Ireland over the UK, Netherlands, Germany and either all the way up
> to Tallinn or Rostock <-> Tallinn <-> Helsingfors, starting out on the
> 7th or 8th in Galway.
>
> The car should be ok for 3-4 people (more is overkill). Any interest ?

Notice that the prices of the freeies is ways overkill, especially as i
understand that you *must* take a cabine or something.

I would be interested in the way-to-helsinki, but have other plans on the way
back, which may correspond to your needs also, i would go by train to
someplace in germany where you would pick me up, since i live too farther
south than what you need to travel. Hanover would maybe be best in this case,
since i have family there and don't need to wait in some public place in case
you are late or something, and is on the way.

There are two roads to helsinki from northern germany, through poland and
tallinn, or through denmark, the bridge, sweden, and a small ferry between
stockholm and helsinki, but you probably want to take that one on the way
back.

I can drive (we went to Oslo by car two years ago in a non-stop 19 hours
drive), and should travel rather light.

Friendly,

Sven Luther