Re: don't bring your APs to HEL

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 01:08:54PM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:

> In future, it would probably be helpful to determine exactly what level
> of network connectivity will be available before committing to a
> location. I don't know whether we're at the stage that working wireless
> is a reasonable expectation yet, but it's certainly clear that several
> people think that it's vital for a Debconf location.

The network configuration was turned upside down last week, after months of
people from the location stating that we could bring our own APs and set them.

We have managed to get a working WLAN after conversations during this week,
and WPA was our proposal, and i recall the network guys from otaniemi saying
that they dont use it.

A request has been sent to the ppl there, and I am awaiting for an answer.

--
Jesus Climent                                      info:www.pumuki.org
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.6.10|Helsinki Finland

I'm a mog: half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend!
		--Barf (Spaceballs)