Re: no schedules til the day before ?

* Holger Levsen <debian@layer-acht.org> [2005:06:09 16:37 +0200]:
> the current plan is to produce the actual schedule of a specific debconf-day
> (not debcamp, not debianday) the day before that day. (For the bofs and the
> talks.)
[...]
> What do you think ?

I think it's insane.

What's up with the way the speakers are being treated? First we didn't
find out until much later that our talks were accepted, then we weren't
given a deadline for turning in our papers (which have luckily had their
required length reduced -- good thing, since we have a week to finish
them) and now we won't find out when we're talking until the day before?
I understand that the organizers want the people at the talks to enjoy
themselves (by having printed papers about the talks, organizing things
in such a way that there is maximum benefit for the audience) but this
is sort of sub-optimal and stressful for the speakers.

--
off the chain like a rebellious guanine nucleotide