Re: DebConf-7 ;)

martin f krafft:

> Certainly. One thing we might want to keep in mind is to talk to an
> airline company whether we could get a significant reduction if we
> buy a bunch of tickets in advance. I am thinking about establishing
> a hub in Europe (Frankfurt) and one in the states (Chicago or
> Newark) and then make us all fly in the same plane at a cheaper
> rate.

Good idea.

> I would be happy to pick up communication with Lufthansa about this.

North America is geographically larger and differently situated on the
globe than Western Europe, and (except Air Canada) we lack national
airlines, so the issues involved in selecting a North American Debconf
hub would differ slightly.  For example, counterintuitively, all factors
considered, the best place from which to charter a flight to Japan might
prove to be Las Vegas, because of the large number of inexpensive direct
connecting flights thereto from all over the continent.  However, this
is just a guess; research is needed.

If you begin this, Martin, I would like to help for North America.

--
Thaddeus H. Black
508 Nellie's Cave Road