Re: DebConf-7 ;)

also sprach Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> [2005.06.03.0035 +0200]:
> I have been evaluating the feasibility of having debconf in
> Japan, but I would need some input;
> how many people are prepared to pay full for the trip to Japan?

Certainly. One thing we might want to keep in mind is to talk to an
airline company whether we could get a significant reduction if we
buy a bunch of tickets in advance. I am thinking about establishing
a hub in Europe (Frankfurt) and one in the states (Chicago or
Newark) and then make us all fly in the same plane at a cheaper
rate.

I would be happy to pick up communication with Lufthansa about this.

The only concern is that I would probably only be one of many who'd
like to come earlier or stay longer to enjoy that lovely country of
yours (I am anxious to get back there as soon as possible). If we
pool people into single flights, that flexibility will be lost --
unless we all spend an additional week. Maybe it would be possible
to have one flight to go there and two with one week in between to
go back?

> To sponsor everybody coming from the other continents to come to
> Japan will cost a significant amount of money; and I don't want
> a debconf that only a few people come.

Again, why not try to get an airline company to support/sponsor us.
I do have good connections to Lufthansa, but that's not a guarantee.

Cheers,

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net

why do they sterilise the needle for lethal injections?