Re: What do you look for in your accomodation? a survey (was: Accommodation?)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Andreas Schuldei wrote:

so what exactly is offputting in an brand new dorm?

- the missing furniture? (only one bed in small rooms, two in big
 rooms, plus wardrobe)
This is furniture enough.

- or that one might share the room when one would want to have it
 alone with his wife/bf/gf/child?
gf=grand father? (No, sorry, he is not alive any more. ;-)
Honest: I have to come alone because my wife has to work.  If not I would take
a nearby hotel with my family.

- the uncertaincy WHOM you might share the room with?
Usually Debian people are nice. :)
It might be an enhancement to find out "reasonable pairs" in the sense that
they work on similar projects or who want to exchange some ideas.  I could
name some persons from the CDD field I would like to share the room for
intensive discussions.

- or the noise?
This depends from the amount of noise.  I normally carry ear plugs with me
but did not needed them in the past.  (Remark:  If I would have tried to sleep
in the bus to athens I would have needed them: Fabian was heavily snorring two
rows behind me. ;-))

- the high speed internet?
I've thought there is an at least acceptable connection in the dorm, isn't it?

- that you might have to share the bathroom with an other room?
No problem - I'll be always the first in the morning - as you might know. ;-)

- no roomservice?
Yes, that's the main problem.  My wish would be breakfast to the bed in
the morning. ;-)

- potentially dirt and untidyness?
Hmmm, I hope we will be able to teach the bad guys who are not able to keep
a certain level of clean atmosphere ...
I would hate to wade through a bunch of empty cans and bottels or other sticky
waste.
I guess we even are expected to keep the "brand new dorm" at a certain level and
thus we should explicitely advise those people who will find their accomodation
here.

- the "dorm" athmosphere?
Isn't this a Linux conference?

i would apreciate many to answer those questions so that we have
an idea what to work on.
Hope this helps

         Andreas.

--