What do you look for in your accomodation? a survey (was: Accommodation?)

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 08:49:28AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Andrew McMillan]
> > This sounds like there will certainly need to be some of us
> > arranging accommodation outside HUT.  Does anyone from the Debconf
> > team have any reviews / recommendations ?
>
> Yes, that would be great.  It would be nice to know how the Internet
> connections are at the neighboring hotels.  Are they expencive?

so what exactly is offputting in an brand new dorm?

- the missing furniture? (only one bed in small rooms, two in big
  rooms, plus wardrobe)
- or that one might share the room when one would want to have it
  alone with his wife/bf/gf/child?
- the uncertaincy WHOM you might share the room with?
- or the noise?
- the high speed internet?
- that you might have to share the bathroom with an other room?
- no roomservice?
- potentially dirt and untidyness?
- the "dorm" athmosphere?

i would apreciate many to answer those questions so that we have
an idea what to work on.