Some thoughts ...

Hi all

  1. Graham suggested that DebCamp and the Conference don't need to be at the same venue, not sure if this has been discussed somewhere already ... but seeing as their requirements are so different it seems to make sense to me, and might also help a lot with costs.
  2. Stefano/Nattie, Chrysalis's strictly no alcohol policy makes that a definite no, for both DebCamp and the conf, correct?
  3. Then the actual reason for the email... I've been telling more people about DebConf while networking and chatting and so on, and so far two people I've known for years use Debian extensively! Figures.
    A common complaint is that they're looking for more devs, and generally speaking want to get involved (but 'later, busy now...') to build the network, because they're awesome but also because they're looking for people. So I was wondering if we could work this angle to build the local team and/or sponsorship or ways to grow the community or whatever. I haven't thought this through yet.
To be controversial, I don't think it's such a healthy well networked community if I didn't even know my acquaintances were in it, if you know what I mean. I want to change that. Not sure if in person talks are successful if we get 10 at a time and we're working with people who's more comfortable being the screen... So we need some innovation here. Web talks or something.

... and if you *do* know of people looking for jobs, this guy was rather specific:

Debian embedded on ARM processor is our new generation data collection/upload/download device and we have about 8 units deployed at the moment in places as far away as Tanzania.

I am urgently looking to hire an embedded linux C++ and java developer and having little success so would be very keen to network more in that world.
http://www.motornostix.com/

OK ciao