Re: questions while assembling pricing information

Hi

Feedback below and some other comments.

From Chrysalis Academy, Tokai:
·         Not enough luxury accommodation, very basic accommodation for groups of 10 persons per room, communal ablutions and showers.
·         Lack of stable and reliable internet service, network quite a challenge near the mountain area
·         Not close to public transport
·         We have a very strict non-smoking, non- alcohol policy, although we have a dedicated smoking area.

I've sent a separate mail for the Stadium, and the pdf with prices is on git.

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 1:18 AM, Allison Randal <allison@lohutok.net> wrote:

> I've checked in a LibreOffice spreadsheet with pricing comparison for the venue details we've assembled so far. I ran across a few questions along the way for various venues.
>
> UCT ChemEng/main campus
> - I don't know the names of most of these rooms. Can we get a floor plan of the building?
Busy - was referred to a Terisa Brandt. Who then referred me to the venues email. Sigh.
See http://www.accommodation.uct.ac.za/vac_accom/group_booking/specifically: 2014 prices approx R235pp, excluding catering
> - I've combined all of UCT main campus on one worksheet, because all options will be some combination of the same available set of venue rooms. (But, I've also only listed the venue rooms we're most likely to use, not every available venue space on campus.)
>
> UCT Breakwater
> - I have venue room capacity charts (I added the PDF to git), but no price estimates. Can we get a floor plan of the building?
> - Also need price estimates for catering and lodging.
(no reply yet, but I see Allison loaded stuff on git)

> TechnoPark
> - Find out if we can use the store room right next to the foyer outside Magnifica (for NOC, and Front Desk storage overnight).
(no reply yet)

> Lord Charles
> - Prices are quoted per person as R365-R395, and the info sheet says this includes "Plenary Conference Venue" as well as lunch and coffee breaks. Does this mean the per person charge includes the use of any and all available session rooms at the hotel?
The Day Conference Package (R365 – R395) Included Venue Hire for 1x Main Venue.  Additional charges applies for any additional venues required.

> River Club:
> - The floorplan, quote, and info sheet have inconsistent names for rooms. I *think* Nile and Zambezi are the same room, but need confirmation. (I have only capacity information for Zambezi - Collette says the price for Zambezi is in the quote, and only pricing information for Nile.)
> - I also have neither capacity or price info for the Zaire room (looks like a small room that might be used as the NOC), or the League Room (potentially good smaller session room).
> - I can't tell if the Kei room is part of the Zambezi room, or usable as a separate space. Need capacity and price info for that too.
> - There's also the New Pool Lounge, which I suspect is full of pool tables and not usable for us, but it's worth checking that assumption.

*  The Nile room is not part of the Zambezi room at all.

*  The Zaire room is off the congo room, and is a small room which is basically a walk through to the patio.  We don’t charge for that , as sometimes its used as

    a refreshment area, and its kind of included with the Congo.

*The Kei room can be part of the Zambezi room, or you can have it separate.  We have stacking glass and wooden doors to separate the 2 venues, so it can be

   used as 2 venues .

*The League room is our office now, so is not a venue.

*The Pool room, was going to be tenanted out on a permanent basis, but is now not going to be and we can use it as a venue for clients.

   It is actually called The Berg Room.  This was decided 1 week ago .  do you want me to add it in your quote then ? - I've asked if she can just give the price of the rooms per day...

(R5 000)