Re: Conference - CTS 000 9536: Quote requirements

sorry to reply again, the facilities pdf has some prices in, so should work for now...

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Bernelle Verster <bernellev@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

The Stadium seems to have a bit of a vibe...
Stefano, Allison, Can you help with setting up two scenarios with enough detail for this guy?

So option 1 uses the long room, option 2 doesn't.

I'm loading the facilities pdf on git.

regards

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shane Thomas <Shane.Thomas@capetown.gov.za>
Date: Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Subject: RE: Conference - CTS 000 9536: Quote requirements
To: Bernelle Verster <bernellev@gmail.com>

Hi Bernelle,

Please see comments below

Kind Regards

CT_Stadium_Email_Signatures36

From: Bernelle Verster [mailto:bernellev@gmail.com]
Sent: 13 October 2014 02:40 PM
To: Shane Thomas
Subject: Conference - CTS 000 9536: Quote requirements

Hi Shane

Thanks very much for your kind attention last Tuesday.

Could you please give quote estimates on the following (2013/2014 prices are fine for now, we will re-quote etc closer to the time):

Please provide itemised quotes rather than a lump sum so we can consider different scenarios, if that makes sense? I am willing to apply online again, and make a new reference if required once we know what we want, if that's OK with you?

Venue requirements:

  1. Available for 10-14 days; The dates will be off-season (please indicate when these are for you), and for 10 days, let's say 12 to 22 August 2016 (this includes set up and breakdown), pending mutual suitability closer to the time;
  2. The (non-exclusive) use of the whole venue, or a CLEAR indication where is off-limits;
  3. Please quote on the level 2, 300 seater,
  4. as well as the large long room (not the one with the view)
  5. Please quote on the large long room with a view for one day/per day - we won't use it the whole time (if it's expensive/popular), and if we use it then we won't need some of the rooms listed in #7,8,9.
  6. Foyer A
  7. Two rooms capable of seating 150 - 200pax, and 100-150pax, respectively;
  8.  4-6 smaller rooms for groups of 8-20 people (please indicate how many you have available and the price of each);
  9. Workspaces with tables, chairs, plugpoints to accommodate a total of 100-150 people with laptops (probably 30 - 50 per room, please indicate what you have available);
  10. One small room for admin/storage
  11. The facilities to cater for 300pax; 2-3 meals a day plus tea/coffee available on demand.

I think you need to revisit the stadium now that you have these venue requirements and begin to identity the ideal locations for each of your 11 requirements.

While I believed we can accommodate most of these requirements, I will work off your planned usage rather than my planned usage/allocation.

I will assist you during a walk about so that you can submit your plan to me on which I will provide costing.

Options A (All venues that work for YOU in relation to each other)

·         Plenary venue

·         Break-away area

·         Catering area

·         Meeting Rooms

·         Storerooms

·         Offices

Option B (All venues that work for YOU in relation to each other)

·         Plenary venue

·         Break-away area

·         Catering area

·         Meeting Rooms

·         Storerooms

·         Offices

When we last met, your requirements explain where very basic, however this email speaks to loads more detail that I can cost without your plans.

Other requirements:

  1. Would it be possible to send us a floor plan of your venue? There is a high-level one on the website, would it be possible to get a more detailed one? please see attached
  2. We would probably not require after hours access, but could you indicate if this is available, and at what extra (e.g. security) charge? I need a programme to determine to.
  3. The developers are also keen to have drinks with them while they work. This may only apply for the hotel/after hours, but please indicate what your stance on this is:
      - What is your alcohol policy in terms of consuming alcohol on the premises?
      - in terms of bringing in our own drinks?
      - Are there additional costs e.g. security, breakage deposit or insurance fees involved? (Also in context with the late nights)

I can’t answer this as it is too far in advance.

At present you are able to provide your own and will require your own liquor licenes

in time to come, the stadium may well take this service on internally making it exclusive.

  1. If possible, an idea around prices for daily catering for 300 people (per person, all meals, or indicate what the options are please);

I can’t answer this as it is too far in advance.

At present you are able to provide your own catering

in time to come, the stadium may well take this service on internally making it exclusive

Then, do you have specific arrangements regarding the following?

  1.  Fast, reliable internet connection - please indicate what you have, specifically if fibre is available, and what the procedure/contact details are to arrange this; We will provide our own WiFi, but we require upstream connectivity. I am awaiting comment from our technical team
  2. Wheelchair accessibility and child-friendly facilities; compliant within reason

Please don't hesitate to ask for clarification or more info.

best regards

Bernelle Verster

DebConf16 bid team. More on debconf here: http://debconf.org

bernellev@gmail.com