Re: Venues

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 10:43:33AM +0200, Neil Muller wrote:

> Of the Stellenbosch University options, over the last few years it's
> been the least hassle to arrange to use the STAIS conference centre

http://stias.ac.za/catering_unlimited/foyer_CU.html # this is mine, right?

The auditoria and breakaway rooms do look like they'd be the appropriate
size for talk and BoF rooms, but that leaves hacklabs unaccounted for.
Informal space for hacking is pretty essential to DebConf, so I guess it
would have to be found nearby.  There is some precedent for the talk rooms
being some way from the hacklabs/social(ising) space; at DC5 in Finland, the
talks were some 10 minutes' walk from the accommodation.  That just resulted
in my not going to any talks, though.  Anyway, not pooh-poohing that
particular venue at all, but suggesting that hacking space would have to be
found, and it also doesn't include accommodation.  (The grounds do look very
pretty!)

-Nattie