Re: cdrkit 1.1.10 fails to locate libcap

Mark Rosenstand <rosenstand@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just found the 1.1.10 update on ftp.debian.org by accident as I'm
> tracking cdrkit.org/releases/ - would be nice if releases were made
> available through the upstream site as well (or the old releases removed
> and a message telling to use ftp.debian.org)

Cdrkit is undistributable as it is in conflict with the GPL and the Copyright
law. Cdrkit is unmaintained since May 6th 2007, so why do you ask for cdrkit?

I recommend you to use the original software from
ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/

There are no known problems with the original software and the original software
includes many new features that are missing from the illegal fork.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)