Re: My Pioneer DVR-218L i think is behaving like the "LG GH20NS10 might hang at the end of DVD-R[W] DAO recording..."

Andy:
> It's of greater relevance/interest to look at dvd+rw-mediainfo for
> *resulting* recording, not for blank media. There you should be able to
> confirm that READ CAPACITY and/or lead-out position are adequate,
> recording size / 2048 to be specific.

Here is the same command, but with a burned dvd-video:
http://pastebin.com/f7d5beb2f
If thats not what you were expecting, let me know which command should i run =)

> Yes, it appears as similar problem, i.e. recording size is not divisible
> by 32KB, it's DAO recording and the last write appears timing out. Can
> you verify if workaround at the end of
> http://www.mail-archive.com/cdwrite@other.debian.org/msg12357.html helps
> in your case too? As far as I understand K3b offers DAO as GUI
> check-box, so you can as well let it be in order to make it work with
> your unit.

To do that, do i have to compile? Im not so experienced in that area,
do i have to download the sources of growisofs, replace that text in
that file, and then ./configure, make, make install? Will that be
enough for K3B to use the new "patched" growisofs; or do i have to do
something else?
Im sorry, i know this must be really basic questions.

Joerg:
> BTW: Cdrecord does honor this firmware specific behavior
>
> ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/

I installed cdrecord:
~$ /opt/schily/bin/cdrecord -version
Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a36 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright
(C) 1995-2007 J�rg Schilling

(is that the original, or some fork? im still clueless about all the
versions out there)

But i cant get K3B to use it... I checked the "manual writing
application selection", but it only allows me to select auto or
growisofs.

For the time, im using Nero LInux to burn video dvds.

Thank you both.