Re: Announcing cdrskin-0.7.2

"D. Hugh Redelmeier" <hugh@mimosa.com> wrote:

> I'm not going to judge who is right and who is wrong.  This is a long
> conflict, as far as I know.

There is no related long conflict with libburn. You may confuse this with the
conflict that has been initiated by a hostile Debian packaging person in May
2004 who did send repeated personal insults for more than a year just because
he was unwilling to fix the bugs in a patch that he liked to be integrated into
mkisofs.

> As a user, I'm thankful for Joerg *and* everyone else who has helped
> to develop this code.

OSS code for larger projects is usually developed by more than one person and
I believe that is is a matter of courtesy to mention the people who did write
parts of the code. The cdrtools project does this and I would expect similar
rules for other projects. While I can understand that someone might forget
to mention some of the contributors, this does not apply to the current
problem.

As the maintainers from the libburn project claimed that they did not take any
code from the cdrtools project although they did, I was asking them not to write
claims that are obviously wrong.

I hope this helps to understand the case.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)