Re: Support for Lightscribe devices?

Thanks for reply. Your answer(s) were in direct compliance with my expectations. I am fully familiar with the open-source nature of linux and its abhorrence of licensed software. My hope was/is that, by expressing interest in the Lightscribe technology, I might start a little ball rolling to gain support for further investigations.

As a single individual I felt it necessary to probe the waters before I began a campaign to get broader support for Lightscribe. You seemed to be a good place to start my probing; as anticipated, I was correct. You've provided further insight which will support my continued efforts.

I should suspect that the "Lightscribe People" would welcome the deployment of their technology on as many platforms as possible. If their licensing requirements are too restrictive then they must consider their marketplace as equally restrictive.

Here's hoping some progress can be made making full Lightscribe support available to linux users.

Sincerely,
John Ross Porter

Joerg Schilling wrote:
"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

Do not support this!

It is anti OpenSource and not what we want/need.

We do not need non-portable programs nor binary only code......