Re: Doesn't wodim close disk ?

Gregoire Favre <gregoire.favre@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > One may as well use
> >   dd if=/dev/sr0 bs=2048 skip=0 count=2146272 of=file.out
> >
> > > cdrecord -v -sao file.out
> > > This way you get a new medium that will work on the MAC.
> >
> > It would be interesting to make this experiment.
>
> Last time I tried to burn DVD with cdrecord all failed due to SCSI
> errors, but it could have improved and I should try to burn again with
> it, but I would take a RW media ;-)

Your hostile habbit in this discussion makes me believe that you did never use
a real cdrecord before. What unfriendly Linux distributions publish under the
name cdrecord was no real cdrecord for a long time but a bastardized variant
with _many_ bugs introduced by the Linux distributors.

As you write "all failed due to SCSI errors", this is nothing but a completely
unproven claim. Unless you verify that you used an _original_ _recent_ cdrecord
and you send the complete error message from cdrecord, this "statement" about
fictive problems can only be ignored.

Up to ~ Y2001, Linux distributors have been very user friendly and cooperative.
They listened to people like me who have the knowlegde and followed their
advise. Since ~ Y2003, Linux distributors started to become user-unfriendly.
They listedned to people who miss the knowledge and introduced bugs into my
software that never have been in the original. The worst thing is that users
like you started to believe the user-unfriendly Linus distributors insteead of
me, the author....

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)