Re: No supported write modes with LG GSA-H62N SATA DVD+RW

Joerg Schilling wrote:
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:

Joerg Schilling wrote:
If the Linux developers would take similar problems more seriously,
they could have been fixed long ago. If other programs do not fail,
this does not verify a problem in cdrecord. We have the case that
cdrdao is able to blank media on some platforms while cdrecord fails
with "illegal field in CDB" by sending exactly the same SCSI command.
It may well be the same command, but not the same data in the page.

You are uninformed as usual: blank unit does not have data in pages.

The original post was talking about sending a mode page, so I have no idea what you are talking about.
See <[🔎] 20070911081441.116980@gmx.net> for what we're talking about.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc