Re: dvd-r questions and problems

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:14:03 +1200
Volker Kuhlmann <hidden@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> > Doing research I see that mkisofs had problems with >
> > 2 GB files but that shouldn't be the case now correct?
>
> mkisofs can create images >2GB, however if you want to store them on a
> filesystem with a 2GB limit you're out of luck. Dito for piping the

I'm not sure if the problem still exists, but an ISO of 4.3GB is no
problem for mkisofs but a single file of more than ~2GB in an iso is. It
might not be an actual mkisofs problem but one of the linux iso-driver,
but still: you can't put really huge files *in* an iso even if the iso
can be larger. Your 2.1GB file is suspiciously close to that. The 1.5GB
file on the other hand should not be a problem.

For testing mkisofs you can mount the images via loop-back, no need to
waste dvd's.

K.-H.