Re: dvd-r questions and problems

--- Joerg Schilling <schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de>
wrote:

> mkisofs does not write DVDs. It may be that you did
> use
> broken software to write the data.
>
> Try
>
> ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/

Hi, Jörg.  I'm aware that mkisofs doesn't do the
writing.  But I believe it is called by growisofs and
is needed before cdrecord-prodvd.  I've tried both of
those.  The problem is that mkisofs is making
incorrect iso images.  After mounting an image, 'ls
-l' reports a 2.1 GB file is 5.4 MB and a 1.5 GB file
is 4.2 MB.  The -spli-output option didn't resolve the
problem.

Doing research I see that mkisofs had problems with >
2 GB files but that shouldn't be the case now correct?