Re: dvd-r questions and problems

Volker Kuhlmann <hidden@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> > Doing research I see that mkisofs had problems with >
> > 2 GB files but that shouldn't be the case now correct?
>
> mkisofs can create images >2GB, however if you want to store them on a
> filesystem with a 2GB limit you're out of luck. Dito for piping the

The ISO-9660 filesystem has no file size limit.

The current mkisofs implementation is limited to 4 GB - 1 sector.

The FS implementation of your OS may be limited or buggy.....

> data, which involves the shell and/or the filesystem again. growisofs
> must be piping the data through mkisofs somehow if you use it as a
> front-end for mastering.

See above: When your shell is decently written and correctly compiled
on a large file aware OS, there is definitely no such limitation.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)
       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/