Re: Re: dvd+rw-tools question

> >    $ growisofs -Z /dev/scd0 -speed=8 -R -J treename
> > it takes the whole 44 minutes
>
> First question: is DMA enabled on the burner? (hdparm /dev/hdX)

I am an idiot: my kernel did not have IDE chipset driver support,
so I was unable to use DMA/PIO on any of he drives.

Now that I compiled that in, the 4.1G gets written under 8 minutes,
and the reported speed is 7.8x.

Thanks a lot for the DMA clue and sorry for the idiotic question,
Alex

--
Alexander Roitman   http://ebner.neuroscience.umn.edu/people/alex.html
Dept. of Neuroscience, Lions Research Building