Re: dvd+rw-tools question

> My burner is /dev/hdc (hdc=ide-scsi), and the data disk is /dev/hdb.
> I cannot do that for some reason:
>    # hdparm -d1 /dev/hdc
>
>    /dev/hdc:
>     setting using_dma to 1 (on)
>     HDIO_SET_DMA failed: Operation not permitted
>    using_dma    =  0 (off)

Being quite clueless now, i would next try to determine
wether the burner is ill standalone or wether it is
the cooperation of disk and burner which is to blame.
(I understand that the disk standalone is ok and that
 disk-to-disk cooperation is ok)

So i would try what happens with non-disk input.
Like :
  dd if=/dev/zero bs=1024k count=3000 | \
  growisofs -use-the-force-luke -dvd-compat -Z /dev/scd0=/proc/self/fd/0

Related idea :
Do you see any difference if input is taken from the other disk ?