Re: Re: dvd rw-tools question

Not having DMA enabled on any burner is a no-no. I've never seen any
burner which doesn't allow this - you coldn't reach maximum burn speed
without DMA, certainly not for DVD.

> I haven't tried that yet. What I just noticed is that the
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA_PCI was not enabled in the kernel :-(

Arrgh, all those people who think they need to recompile kernels...

You should *ALWAYS* start from the kernel provided by your distro. Then,
if you really need to make mods, only change those settings in the
kernel config. There are very few good reasons for compiling kernels
these days (unless your distro sucks).

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.