Re: Problem burning DVD's with one batch of Ritek DVD-R blanks

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Bill Sidhipong wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I am just getting started with burning DVD's for backup purposes.
> So far I have burned about 10 disks from a small "trial pack" :-)
> and I thought all was set to go for the real thing when the pack
> was used up.
>
> Wrong.  On the new pack (same manufacturer, same media ID), I cannot
> burn DVD's successfully.  The burning process stops at same point
> in to the media.  I have burned five coasters this way with reboots,
> stopping automount daemons, disabling DMA's, etc.  Any help is
> appreciated.

Two things come to mind, either your batch of media is garbage (it
happens) or your o/s or hardware has gone bad (unlikely unless you were
doing something with it).

Can you read all of the files on a previous media? Can you boot to
"another operating system" and try a burn? Have you tried a batch of
another vendor's media?