Re: unsequential file inode numbering

On further investigation, I've noticed if I mkudffs two 4707319808 byte images and make a whole ton of files on each, whether they be of zero length or varying length, there is some pattern to which blocks can be used as inodes. Noticably these numbers nearly follow a pattern but I have no idea as of why?

I for one fail to understand what are you trying to achieve. You seem to interchange i-node number with starting block of data, but where does it say that you can do that for any particular UDF implementation? At least it doesn't hold true for Linux... A.