Re: Burning an hfs filesystem without mkisofs

Using Robert Leslie's hfsutils I have created on disk the HFS
filesystem image "hfs.img".  I can mount "hfs.img" loopback and
can read and write files to it.  Now would a straight "cdrecord
hfs.img" produce a CD that a Macintosh will read as an HFS
volume?

Why do you ask? I mean, burn it to a cd-rw and feed it to a Mac.

Right. At least it's faster...

Seems
like your chances are good, on a block level all CDs are the same.

HFS volumes you put on CD still require Apple partition table. So the question is if hfsutils generate one. The latter kind of goes beyond the scope of discussions on this list:-) A.