Re: Burning an hfs filesystem without mkisofs

On 23. August 2004 at 12:24AM +0200,
Andy Polyakov <appro@fy.chalmers.se> wrote:

> >>Using Robert Leslie's hfsutils I have created on disk the HFS
> >>filesystem image "hfs.img".  I can mount "hfs.img" loopback and
> >>can read and write files to it.  Now would a straight "cdrecord
> >>hfs.img" produce a CD that a Macintosh will read as an HFS
> >>volume?
> >
> > Why do you ask? I mean, burn it to a cd-rw and feed it to a Mac.

It's an old world Mac with a cdrom drive that can't read any of
cd-rws I fed to it.

> Right. At least it's faster...

Not in my case ;-).  It takes ages and several reboots for the
Mac to recognize even a valid CD (produced by mkisofs -hfs).

> > Seems
> > like your chances are good, on a block level all CDs are the same.
>
> HFS volumes you put on CD still require Apple partition
> table. So the question is if hfsutils generate one. The latter
> kind of goes beyond the scope of discussions on this list:-) A.

So the question now is:  is thre a way to add this partition
table to the hfs volume?