Re: CD/DVD writing on IRIX6.5

> I have a SGI IRIX 6.5 system with external DVD writer capable of burning
> DVD+RW and DVD-RW media. This device is connected as SCSI device
> through a SCSI HBA.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Out of curiosity. You must be using some SCSI to
IDE bridge. I wonder what kind and model? Just for reference:-)

> I would like to know what software is available if I want to :-
> 1. Write CD-R,DVD-R
> 2. Optionally also write DVD+R,DVD+RW, with incremental writes.
>
> I understand that there are tools available to do this on Linux
> but not so sure about IRIX 6.5.

No, dvd+rw-tools don't support IRIX 6.5. But note that most of other
dvd+rw-tools ports are contributed, so have you considered adding
support for IRIX yourself? Alternatively I can throw in some initial
code (I happened to have an IRIX machine) and you'll polish it in
field... A.