Re: growisofs with ND-1300A problems: write failed:Input/output error

> To my surprise I still had autofs in the service list but that gave only
> a short moment of hope.

The fact that autofs appears in service list doesn't necessarily mean
that it's the one which caused the trouble(*). It doesn't necessarily
configured to control removable storage (at least it doesn't by default
as far as I understand). In other words autofs is *one* of the culprits.

(*) By trouble I mostly refer to "write failed" error, not "unrecognized
profile."

> After disabling autofs and checking for
> anything suspisious I made a new try!
>
> Still I get the following for both the +RW and the +R media:
>
> growisofs -speed=1 -Z /dev/dvd -dvd-video dvd
> :-( /dev/dvd: media is not recognized as recordable DVD: 10

This message normally means that *unit* failed to recognize media as
recordable. The value you see is pulled from unit and is called profile.
Profile value of 10 (it's in hex) means that unit has recognized media
as DVD-ROM (0 in turn means that *unit* doesn't believe that there is
any media in). What does dvd+rw-mediainfo return *right after* you run
into this problem? You've posted dvd+rw-mediainfo output in first post.
Can you confirm that that ouput was pulled *right after* growisofs has
failed with "not recognized as recordable"? Point is that according to
that dvd+rw-mediainfo output profile value is 1B. Provide dvd+rw-tools
versioning information as well...

> And as before, both work flowlessly under XP/Nero.
>
> Is there anything more that could influence this??

There was one similar report and it turned out that user mixed different
versions in same build directory (I don't know how it happened) and
clean recompile solved the problem. It should be noted however that in
that case profile values were obviously bogus, not as "neat" as 10 or 0.
A.