Re: Last border-out wrong?

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 09:19:09PM +0100, Andy Polyakov wrote:

> Yes, one can definitely conclude that limited playability is caused by
> insane "Last border-out" value recorded upon disc closing procedure in
> Incremental mode. To be more specific. At the end of Incremental
> recording you have the option to close session a) keeping the media
> appendable and b) keeping the disk closed. Essentially it's similar to
> CD-R. Apparently invalid value is recorded when disc with only one
> session is closed unappendable. I'd say it's a serious firmware bug, do
> report it to the vendor.

I'd think so *but* no one (I mean windows users) reported the problem on
the BTC forum.  Maybe Nero etc. have a workaround, I don't have the
possibility to do any test on this point :(

> > I also noted the speed option was not working with my burner, well it's
> > not too much important for the moment...
>
> Define "not working." Do you pass -speed=1 and it records at 2x? Or does
> growisofs refuses to start with "failed to change write speed" error?
> Only latter is considered as "not working"...

With a 2x DVD+RW -speed=1 works, with a 4x DVD-R -speed=2 has been ignored
and the burner used 4x.  I did not do more tests.

> DAO is exclusively DVD-dash thing. There're 4 (four) essentially
> different track/session closing procedures implemented in your firmware:
> DVD-dash Incremental, DVD-RW Restricted Overwrite, DVD+RW and DVD+R. All
> four are rather independent, which leaves room for 4 implementation
> bugs. In other words: take *nothing* for granted:-) A.

I start to understand the differences, I even regret the choice of a
multi-standard burner :))

Thanks

Marc