Re: how to read second track of a multisessioned dvd+r, in the burner ?

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 06:34, Andrea Tasso wrote:
> Hi all, I burn a dvd+r, with multisession.
> The commands I issued were:
> growisofs -Z /dev/dvd -R -J firstfile
> growisofs -M /dev/dvd -R -J secondfile
>
> how can I access secondfile ? I am trying to do it in the same recorder I used to burn the dvd, not in a dvd-ROM
> if I try
> mount -t iso9660 /dev/scd0 /mnt
> I see only firstfile.

On my system (generic 2.4.24 kernel, Plextor 708A connected
via ide-scsi) I observed the same symptom. I found that I had
to eject the  CD-RW and reinsert it to see the second session.
I used cdrecord for writing. I haven't tried whether the same
happens with DVD-/+ media and dvd+rw tools.

My suspicion is that the kernel caches the result of reading
the table of contents somewhere and fails to notice that the
disc has changed. I have not tried to verify that by looking
at the source, though.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly