Re: Last border-out wrong?

> > > Another thing, when I want to burn a data DVD I have to avoid the
> > > -dvd-compat option or the DVD will be readable only by the burner.
> >
> > Well, this basically provides answer to the above suggested experiment
> > #1, because -dvd-video implies -dvd-compat. Can you submit
> > dvd+rw-mediainfo output for such "data" recording?
>
> # dvd+rw-mediainfo /dev/cd1c
> INQUIRY:                [DVDRW   ][IDE1008         ][0054]
> GET [CURRENT] CONFIGURATION:
>  Mounted Media:         11h, DVD-R Sequential
>  Media ID:               TYG01
> READ DVD STRUCTURE[#0h]:
>  Media Book Type:       25h, DVD-R book [revision 5]
>  Last border-out at:    2263552*2KB=4635754496

Yes, one can definitely conclude that limited playability is caused by
insane "Last border-out" value recorded upon disc closing procedure in
Incremental mode. To be more specific. At the end of Incremental
recording you have the option to close session a) keeping the media
appendable and b) keeping the disk closed. Essentially it's similar to
CD-R. Apparently invalid value is recorded when disc with only one
session is closed unappendable. I'd say it's a serious firmware bug, do
report it to the vendor.

> I also noted the speed option was not working with my burner, well it's
> not too much important for the moment...

Define "not working." Do you pass -speed=1 and it records at 2x? Or does
growisofs refuses to start with "failed to change write speed" error?
Only latter is considered as "not working"...

> I think you could add a note on the compatibility page about the need of
> -use-the-force-luke=dao to burn a DVD-R with a BTC 1008.

Done.

>  I did not try
> with a DVD+R yet, but I assume if a DVD+RW is working without the dao
> mode it "should" be the same with a DVD+R.

DAO is exclusively DVD-dash thing. There're 4 (four) essentially
different track/session closing procedures implemented in your firmware:
DVD-dash Incremental, DVD-RW Restricted Overwrite, DVD+RW and DVD+R. All
four are rather independent, which leaves room for 4 implementation
bugs. In other words: take *nothing* for granted:-) A.