Re: dvd+rw-tools-5.14.4.7.4 / BTC - sequence error

Hello,

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:00:20 +0100
Andy Polyakov <appro@fy.chalmers.se> wrote:

> > in the company I've the same BTC drive and there I've the
> > following error:
> >
> > rasca@fox:/vol/data/dvd> growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/scd0=myDVD.udf
> > Executing 'builtin_dd if=myDVD.udf of=/dev/scd0 obs=32k seek=0'
> > /dev/scd0: "Current Write Speed" is 4.0x1385KBps.
> > :-! "COMMAND SEQUENCE ERROR(52c00)" at 0h. Is media being read?
>
> It means every word of it. See first paragraph in Tutorial on
> dvd+rw-tools page. A.

I read this tutorial before I wrote the email. But the device
wasn't mounted and I didn't try to access the auto-mount-point.
As long as I understand the "autofs" daemon, the device is used
when the device is mounted or I try to access the mount-point.
May be I'm wrong in this.

But I had better results, when I recompiled the kernel (2.4.23)
with DMA on for CDROM. I didn't change the autofs setup and
a DVD+R was burned fine and plays also as expected.

But now when I try to burn a DVD-R (Verbatim media) it burns
and at the end I see the following:

[..]
1513848832/1529421824 (99.0%) @2.0x, remaining 0:05
1523122176/1529421824 (99.6%) @2.0x, remaining 0:02
/dev/scd0: flushing cache
/dev/scd0: updating RMA
:-( unable to CLOSE TRACK (2h/30h/05h): No medium found
/dev/scd0: closing disc
:-( unable to CLOSE DISC (2h/30h/05h): No medium found
/dev/scd0: reloading tray

At the kernel level ("dmesg") I didn't see an error.
Any ideas?

cu
 rasca

--
Welchen Unterschied macht es für die Toten, die Waisen und die Heimatlosen,
ob irrsinnige Vernichtung im Namen der Diktatur oder im heiligen Namen der